Monday 10 August 2015

Does Not Answer To Parliament



Pritam Singh was queried by Law Minister Shanmugam on matters concerning the finances at AHPETC.

His answer? "Well, minister, if you were a resident, I'll answer your question."

Here's the exchange:

Mr K. Shanmugam:
... In May 2011, you said, and I quote, "If there is one thread that runs through the Workers' Party manifesto, it is the thread of transparency and accountability", you thundered... There is a thread, all right, but it weaves and leaves a tangled web. Would you tell us what is your position on each of these questions I've asked?


Mr Pritam Singh:
I fully believe when I do my house visits this Saturday, some of these questions (on AHPETC's lapses) will come up. Likewise, they will come up for my fellow WP MPs. We will answer all of them. Why? Because of a duty to the residents. We will answer to them. Well, minister (Shanmugam), if you were a resident, I'll answer your question. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment